Linking after GS Media: clear (and happy) at last?
Tuesday 28th March 2017, The Princes' Room, Middle Temple, London
The Subject: Linking after GS Media: clear (and happy) at last?
In its seminal 2016 judgment in GS Media, C-160/15, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) tackled the issue of linking to unlicensed copyright content, and determined what the relevant legal treatment should be. Yet, the ruling raises several questions:
- How did the CJEU reach that decision?
- Where are we after GS Media: is the relevant legal framework on linking any clearer now?
- Profit-making intention: what is it all about?
- Who is likely to be most at risk in the post-GS Media world?
- Chair – David Wilkinson - Partner, Clyde & Co
- Dr Eleonora Rosati - University of Southampton and 8 New Square
TIPLO dinners are not only a great way to network with your peers in the world of IP, but also a good opportunity to take clients to some of London's most prestigious legal venues for an evening of topical discussion and great food.
6.45pm - Registration and refreshments
7.15pm - Dinner followed by meeting